Share a flooded river(s) fishing story

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

BloodyChamp
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Share a flooded river(s) fishing story

Post by BloodyChamp »

I've had a feral hog problem that I've been dealing with :-? :-? :-? I've usually been fishing atleast once a week every week since the start of April, with an average of twice a week :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: But I think I have that problem licked so off I went today.

I usually have a beat on what every body of water did, is doing and will do but I've only been fishing 3 times counting today and the other 2 trips were mullet fishing trips several weeks ago before the storms. Today I went bream fishing at the Tram Road St Marks River bridge which has always been ace for Stumpknockers, Warmouth, Pike and the occasional Bluebream during high water but all I caught today was 3 Stumpknockers. I'd rode by Monday and checked it out and it was 2 feet higher than it was today, only 3 days ago! Obviously the fishies hauled butt. I just got a new truck so instead of tearing it up trying to get to 1 of the more adventurous spots to catch fishies during high water (everything is still high even though it's not flooded) I made a day out of it at ole Tram Road.

I think the best flooded fishing trip I ever had was the time I somehow made it to Yaegers Mound on the Wacissa River. My old man and me saw an Eagle chasing a Blackfish in the middle of the planted pines on the Thomas Walker City Springs Road...not the river side either lol! That's how flooded it was. We caught 2 massive Shellcrackers and several other handsized bream right off the dock.

What about you?