Spring Warrior Fish Camp

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

Spring Warrior

Spring Warrior Fish Camp

Post by Spring Warrior »

Hello, We wanted to introduce ourselves. We are Spring Warrior Fish Camp located on Spring Warrior Creek in Taylor county. We are about 15 miles
west of Perry Florida. On the water we are located between Ecofina and Keaton Beach. Please check us out if you are in the area or check out our website: www.springwarriorfishcamp.com. We have some great fishing around here!
Thanks, Kevin, Mary and Wayne
Fishbaitbilly
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Re: Spring Warrior Fish Camp

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

I have had the pleasure of visiting Spring Warrior Fish Camp and can say, first hand, that the cabins, rooms and lodge are not only clean and comfortable but very affordable as well. The area is full of creeks, oyster bars and flats mixed with rocky bottom and grass. The fishing is fantastic! They are very kayak friendly and terrific hosts as well.
Baja Bob
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by Baja Bob »

I totally agree with FishbaitBilly, this is a special place to fish. Kevin and Wayne will tell you exactly where the fish are and what to catch them on. As far as accommodations Mary will take care of all that and she's fantastic. This is one of Bill's and Ed's and my secret spots so only tell people that you really like.
salty gator
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by salty gator »

Looks great, and that is an area I want to learn. I'll get there this summer for sure
You should have been here yesterday
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by fishinbug »

That is a very cool looking place and the rates are more than reasonable. The high recommendations that accompany the fish camp seal the deal.
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber
Baja Bob
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by Baja Bob »

If you guys want to go one Friday let me know. But the most fun is when you spend the night, fish until sunset and get up and fish sunrise. I took the boys and we had a ball.
jeeper50
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by jeeper50 »

Hey fishshooter99 lets plan a trip here in the fall, early OCT.
'15 Hobie Revo 13
'16 Hobie Outback

In the land of the blind... the one eyed man is king!
Transplanted Texan

'53 Willys CJ3B
'00 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD
fishshooter99
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by fishshooter99 »

jeeper50 wrote:Hey fishshooter99 lets plan a trip here in the fall, early OCT.
Hmmmmm.
Expatriate Floridian living in the "Land of the Ice and Snow" that is Atlanta.
Gary
fishshooter99
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by fishshooter99 »

Gary
fishindawg
Baitor
Baitor

Post by fishindawg »

Really like this place. Went for the first time last month, will probably be my go-to place.
Jackson Cruise 12 - Dorado
badweatherbiker
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Post by badweatherbiker »

I am looking for a new "go to" place closer to home, we are from Madison County and this looks to be about an hour away. Can you guys tell me more about this area, I have fished Keaton Beach by boat for many years but I have never kayak fished the area. I am looking for some offshore paddling and trout fishing, how far to the gulf is it from the marina, whats the boat traffic like? any other info appreciated!
fishshooter99
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by fishshooter99 »

badweatherbiker wrote:I am looking for a new "go to" place closer to home, we are from Madison County and this looks to be about an hour away. Can you guys tell me more about this area, I have fished Keaton Beach by boat for many years but I have never kayak fished the area. I am looking for some offshore paddling and trout fishing, how far to the gulf is it from the marina, whats the boat traffic like? any other info appreciated!
I'd say it's about a mile to the end of the creek. As far as open water, you are in the gulf when you leave the creek, but it's more like a bay. The water stays shallow for a long, long way in that area. That being said, if your more of a flats fisherman it's paradise in that there are many, many miles of grass flats with huge oyster bars coupled with numerous rock piles. There are countless creeks that empty into the gulf providing tons of habitat and food for the vast array of predator fish. Concerning boat traffic, there is a little coming in and out of the creek on weekends but once outside there is more than enough water for everyone and you will not feel pressured. Growing up in the Tampa Bay area the traffic seemed nonexistent. I'd recommend giving them a call. Wayne ( the owner) guides in the area and is quick to share info on the area, as well as what the fish are biting.
Gary
badweatherbiker
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

fishshooter99 wrote:
badweatherbiker wrote:I am looking for a new "go to" place closer to home, we are from Madison County and this looks to be about an hour away. Can you guys tell me more about this area, I have fished Keaton Beach by boat for many years but I have never kayak fished the area. I am looking for some offshore paddling and trout fishing, how far to the gulf is it from the marina, whats the boat traffic like? any other info appreciated!
I'd say it's about a mile to the end of the creek. As far as open water, you are in the gulf when you leave the creek, but it's more like a bay. The water stays shallow for a long, long way in that area. That being said, if your more of a flats fisherman it's paradise in that there are many, many miles of grass flats with huge oyster bars coupled with numerous rock piles. There are countless creeks that empty into the gulf providing tons of habitat and food for the vast array of predator fish. Concerning boat traffic, there is a little coming in and out of the creek on weekends but once outside there is more than enough water for everyone and you will not feel pressured. Growing up in the Tampa Bay area the traffic seemed nonexistent. I'd recommend giving them a call. Wayne ( the owner) guides in the area and is quick to share info on the area, as well as what the fish are biting.
sounds like the perfect place! we ended up going to Grassy Pond this weekend but the next trip will be to SW, I'll give them a call soon for any other questions I may have. thanks!
badweatherbiker
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Thinking about heading over there Thursday morning, anyone in the area?
Shorewalker
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by Shorewalker »

If you are looking to meet up with folks try a new thread with specific title mentioning meeting up to fish. It is more likely to get new hits than an older topic thread.
Orange Wildy Ride 135
Tan Hobie Pro Angler
Green Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 15
Green/White Perception Tribe 9