Anyone lost a knife?

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

Moore Lyon and Quick
Baitor
Baitor

Anyone lost a knife?

Post by Moore Lyon and Quick »

Found a knife on Long Bar - it had a little surface rust but cleaned up well, so it couldn't have been in the water for long. I cleaned and oiled it and put an edge on it. ID it and I'll leave it at the NWR front office for you.

Thanks
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: Anyone lost a knife?

Post by fishinbug »

The knife I lost on Long Bar the other day had a little surface rust. It also needed cleaning, oiling, and sharpening. I'm glad you found it.

:20
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber
Moore Lyon and Quick
Baitor
Baitor

I'll start a service - leave your knife on Long Bar wrapped in a $20 dollar bill :idea:
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by fishinbug »

Moore Lyon and Quick wrote:I'll start a service - leave your knife on Long Bar wrapped in a $20 dollar bill :idea:
Great idea! :lol:
---thus sayeth the suber
salty gator
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by salty gator »

fishinbug wrote:The knife I lost on Long Bar the other day had a little surface rust. It also needed cleaning, oiling, and sharpening. I'm glad you found it.

:20
:lol:
That was really nice ml&q
You should have been here yesterday
BackCast
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by BackCast »

Buck Bucklite. Not the Bucklite II, one of the original green ones. I'm certain I lost it along a trout stream in northern Maine but we all know that Mother Nature has amazing strength when it comes to moving objects. I'm surprised that it wasn't severely rusted after being in the elements for 19 years.
Moore Lyon and Quick
Baitor
Baitor

BackCast wrote:Buck Bucklite. Not the Bucklite II, one of the original green ones. I'm certain I lost it along a trout stream in northern Maine but we all know that Mother Nature has amazing strength when it comes to moving objects. I'm surprised that it wasn't severely rusted after being in the elements for 19 years.
Most likely a Migratory Swallow picked up the knife (an African swallow maybe, but not a European
swallow) and deposited it on Long Bar. :D
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by fishinbug »

I think I dropped my knife on Long Bar when I looked up to watch a swallow tailed kite float by.
---thus sayeth the suber
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Digging this thread. Please continue....
no-time
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Post by no-time »

I dropped my knife at the Long Bar during high tide about 10 ft from my Lure.
Just to make sure I could pick it up at low tide I also marked it on the side of my Kayak.
No way is it lost.
If I am not able to pick up my knife where I marked it next time I’m at the Long Bar, I’ll let you know.
No-Time
Hobie ProAngler
Native Ultimate tandem 16
Jackson Cudu 14
GoodCall
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by GoodCall »

I'm going to go ahead an CUT all of you off right there. I'll get right to the POINT....the knife is mine. I won't bore you with all of the DULL details, but I was skirting the EDGE of the longbar when my paddle BLADE got caught in my anchor trolley. There was a SHARP turn of the kayak as a result, and I was hoping nothing had fallen out. All this time I was thinking "who would STEEL my knife?" when in reality, it had simply fallen out. It was tough to come to GRIPS with the fact my favorite knife was gone. I need to make sure to LOCK up the next knife I bring fishing with me. Thank you for taking care of my knife while it was temporarily misplaced. Until you made this post and I realized it was safe, I could barely HANDLE it.
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

:A1 :A1 :A1
Moore Lyon and Quick
Baitor
Baitor

Well, odd thing - this is what the knife looked like when I found it on Long Bar:

when I pulled it out, apparently I was made a king or a duke or a head football coach - some kind of royalty anyway - with domain of all I survey. Unfortunately, the exertion of removing the knife caused me to face plant on long bar, so all I surveyed at the time was the western most 1/64 of Long Bar bounded by Ye Gulf of Mexico and not awash at the lowest of tides. Enter upon your peril.
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

Hee hee hee hee :lol:
kikstand454
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by kikstand454 »

Moore Lyon and Quick wrote:Well, odd thing - this is what the knife looked like when I found it on Long Bar:

when I pulled it out, apparently I was made a king or a duke or a head football coach - some kind of royalty anyway - with domain of all I survey. Unfortunately, the exertion of removing the knife caused me to face plant on long bar, so all I surveyed at the time was the western most 1/64 of Long Bar bounded by Ye Gulf of Mexico and not awash at the lowest of tides. Enter upon your peril.

Ahhh......i see The Mayor has chosen a champion to rule the long bar in his absence......

:2