Hermine?

Post by Ed Mashburn »

Good morning to all- How you all doing over there? Good luck to you all- Ed
fishshooter99
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Re: Hermine?

Post by fishshooter99 »

I'm with Ed. My thoughts and prayers are with those of you in the path. Be safe. Remember evacuation after the fact is like altitude above an airplane....useless.
Expatriate Floridian living in the "Land of the Ice and Snow" that is Atlanta.
Gary
kikstand454
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by kikstand454 »

Let me be the first to say that this storm was no joke. I have been genuinely scared several times tonight. Damage at the coast is awful, and high tide is just now happening I believe. The eye just passed my house, and thankfully- so far -the backside isn't as intense as the front.

Good vibes, prayers, and whatever else to all my FCKA friends, and everyone else in the area.

70k without power......
8O :(
leroycnreds
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Post by leroycnreds »

Hey y'all! Been thinking of everyone and just wanted to say that I hope all is well.
BAITSTORE GUIDED TOURS
LAUNCH SITE PRO-STAFF
WAFFLE HOUSE FAN CLUB
TEAM WANNA BE
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jsuber »

I live maybe six miles WNW of St Marks where the Hurricaine touched down. Slept through it. A family from nearby with three small children sought refuge with me from their trailer. All is well. Lots of trees down along the connecting secondary roads. 98 was clear in my travels. I literally have fished an IFA tournament during Tropical
Storm Debbie or Devorah and it was about the same. Of course I was in a kayak so it felt
Pretty bad. This one was some rain. No flooding at my house. We have had some storms earlier this year that filled the ditches in my neighborhood. But this one didn't do that. I guess because I was on the west side of the eye. I would love to see how Hickory Mounds faired. Electricity has been out 30 hours yet the street light coming into my neighbor hood, has yet to go out. Weird.
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
JUP 561
Baitor
Baitor

Post by JUP 561 »

Hope everyone is safe
CharlesDad
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Post by CharlesDad »

Hope everyone is OK. According to Charles a lot of docks were damaged or destroyed at Live Oak Island. We lost a dingy, drifted off somewhere. We have a couple of docks we didn't have before.
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

Finally got the power back on! Whew!!! After Day Five things were starting to get ripe! :20 LOL

Just one huge pine tree that fell toward the woods. Otherwise, would have blocked our road. Not sure what happened in the woods. Haven't ventured in there yet but those trees will have to take care of themselves. So, relatively unscathed compared to all of the widespread destruction that I've seen in Tallahassee and along the roadways. Haven't ventured down to the coast yet. Had prepped for the loss of power and water (on a well) Need to get a BIG cooler for the next time. Lost a lot of food but in the scheme of things made out like a bandit. My mom and I took some natural showers out in the evening rains. She's game for any kind of adventure. My dad opted to splash a little water on his face and let the ripening process blossom. :P

The bass are still biting and pouncing on those late summer dragonflies and things that looks like frogs. 8)

Hope everyone is safe and well.

Jean
Last edited by WannaDoDat on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jsuber »

Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
BackCast
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by BackCast »

We were fortunate at CSB to have had the storm turn slightly east. Reports I've received are that there was some damage to the beach and dunes but no damage to our house. My son, on the other hand, is still without power up on Lake Iamonia. He cut five trees just to get out his driveway only to find more blocking Meridian.

Over the past few years we have had major power outages here on 3 occasions. One was in the dead of winter when the temps dropped to below zero, and another began the last day of June and temps broke 100 on two or three consecutive days. I can say with no uncertainty that dealing with a power outage in extreme heat is far worse than extreme cold.
Shorewalker
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by Shorewalker »

Some really heavy tree damage but very isolated and random - my completely unscientific best guess is straight wind did some minor damage but a few areas had tornado or at least rotation that caused this kind of damage. House next to us has a tree laying on top off it but very little damage. Lots of power line damage. Maybe a quarter of the power lines on Spring Creek road between Shadevile and 98 had become detached from the poles or poles down.
Orange Wildy Ride 135
Tan Hobie Pro Angler
Green Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 15
Green/White Perception Tribe 9