Goodbye FCKA!

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

Mongo
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Re: Goodbye FCKA!

Post by Mongo »

Glad you decided to stay. I too enjoy reading your reports and always good to see pictures. I hate to say it but in the few years that I have been following this website there has been a marked change in both the number of posts and the overall spirit of the posts. There was never any doubt where BigIrish was going to be fishing and yet I still always loved to read his detailed reports of his outings. Don't think I have ever fished the long Bar even though when I first started yak fishing most of my launches were from St Marks.
I am extremely grateful for all the pointers and suggested locations, gear reports, optimal tides for different areas, etc. that I picked up from this website especially when I was a Newbie. I would imagine that the ups and downs on this site are about as regular as the tides. Hopefully the tide will turn in the future but I'm sure it will be better off with you staying onboard.
BackCast
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by BackCast »

Thanks for deciding to stick around and for posting the reports of your trips.

The members here have no way of knowing this but '17 has been a challenging year for me, causing me to cancel at least 4 trips that I had planned to the coast. When you live 900 miles away that's a big deal! Fishing opportunities have been few and the reports I read here are often the closest I get to the real thing. Since I am familiar with many of the places I'm able to relate even more when a general location is included.

Thanks for making '17 a bit more bearable and I'm looking forward to sharing details of a few more of my own trips on '18!
Mongo
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by Mongo »

I always try and keep you guys up there in the frigid north in mind when I post pictures. Haven't been posting much lately though. Hope you work through your issues and hopefully they are not health related.
LesIzmore
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by LesIzmore »

SRAces, Please dont let the 'bassturds" get ya down. A lot of good people dont post much (or at all) because of all the haters out there. The internet is no place for the feint of heart I guess. I love your stuff, FCKA would be a leeser place without you.
ccrosby

Post by ccrosby »

SRAces,

I have only met you once, however I always open posts by you. Sorry you feel you need to leave and hope you change your mind and stay. Just want to say thanks for teaching a newb kayak fisherman some tricks.

Ccrosby