Goodbye FCKA!

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Goodbye FCKA!

Post by SRAces »

Apparently some self-centered individuals are complaining about my fishing reports. Apparently they don't like it that I am mentioning where I launched. So this is my last post.

Jeff Suber - Please remove me from this group and delete anything I ever posted.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
JUP 561
Baitor
Baitor

Re: Goodbye FCKA!

Post by JUP 561 »

why care what they say. Just do you, if you wanna tell where you're fishing it's your choice!
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jsuber »

I am not deleting you and I have had conflict with assholes bitching about that Sh*t for over ten years on this site. Fork them. We appreciate your reports and rookies really appreciate your reports. Our,report section is closed to members only and not open to the public so they, whoever they is, can Fork off.

Have a Merry Christmas.
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
fishrcutbate
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by fishrcutbate »

There is a lot of coast, tough s*^t to those that complain, they just need to find somewhere else. From my experience if they are biting at Wakulla Beach, they are biting in St Teresa, Lanark, Chaires Creek and I can name 30 more spots.
bigboots
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by bigboots »

I agree with Jeff.Your reports contain great pictures and lots of good info .Keep up the good work,and don`t let a few jerks run you off this site
cotton
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by cotton »

Steve, This subject has come up many times on many fishing forums.

I think the link below summarizes those views.

One thing the post below doesn’t cover is senility. I’m old and sometimes I forget who takes me where. So I stopped saying where I fished a long time ago.

Peace and love to all.

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/arch ... 776.html
A better Kayaker today, than yesterday.
Red Hobie Revolution
Green Native Slayer 12
Sand Hobie Pro Angler 14
Fishbaitbilly
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

Please keep those reports coming, Steve! They are always entertaining and informative. Offshore numbers are different but inshore fishing is all public access unless it's a restricted area. Almost every day people call me or come by TWW and ask where to fish that day. I do my very best to direct them to where I would fish that day if I were going. I actually get amused by the assclowns that have never figured out that every "secret spot" has a thousand owners and the odds that they found it first are very slim indeed.
capncrunch
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by capncrunch »

Facebook is worse. Stick with the Forum.
cotton
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by cotton »

Since this is a civilized discussion amongst friends. Luv u all.

I’m sorry guys, but unless every fishing forum out there is wrong and I checked every site I could find. Bass fishing, fly fishing, florida sportsman, some yak site. All of them seem to agree: If someone takes you to a spot, that you didn’t otherwise find on your own, you shouldn’t share the location without checking. Florida sportsman has it as rule #1. Do your own research. Google is wonderful.

As far as inshore spots not having any “secret spots”. For the most part your right. I would think the gar hole meets every requirement as a secret spot. I did every google search imaginable, and couldn’t find one post referencing its location. Isolated, hard to get to, easily ruined cause its only 1 hole.

I’m glad were all friends. Steve please keep the post coming. I’ll shut up now on this subject.
A better Kayaker today, than yesterday.
Red Hobie Revolution
Green Native Slayer 12
Sand Hobie Pro Angler 14
SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by SRAces »

All,

Ed got me to log back in and look at the replies. I appreciate the sincerity and support of the friends I have met kayak fishing and in this group. I decided to leave so my friends would not get told to have me not state where we went fishing. I don't fish to keep fish. 100% catch and release. It's my weekly therapy and relaxation from the stresses of work. Happy to share any technique, lure, or fishing spot I know with anyone.

I will stay on. Fishing Yates Creek with Ed and Buddy this Saturday. If we catch anything, I will post a report. I fish every weekend at least once anywhere from Leonard's Landing all the way around to Shired Island/Creek. Sometimes both Saturday and Sunday. Blessed to have a wife that let's me fish as often as I want. In a few more years It won't matter what day of the week as I will retire from working.

A few of us are headed to Crystal River Dec 28-31. Hoping those 4 days turn out to be great. Thanks again for the kind remarks and support.

Steve
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
fishshooter99
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by fishshooter99 »

I'm glad you're sticking around, and look forward to future reports! I know that this has been a hot topic for the last several years.
A couple of years ago a site started by the late great Captain Mel Berman changed it's rules to no longer allow folks to post their location in fishing reports. I feel, now as I responded then...I get it but I don't agree with it. I'm 53 now and I grew up in the Tampa Bay area hearing and reading awesome fishing reports from Captain Mel, Salty Sol, and a ton of others. Those reports allowed me to "be there" when I couldn't. They also inspired many others to fall in love with our sport and nature.
Someone shared their knowledge about technique, and geography with all of us and ignited our passion. Will there be folks that abuse the shared knowledge? You bet. Is it worth it? To me the answer will always be a resounding yes.
Expatriate Floridian living in the "Land of the Ice and Snow" that is Atlanta.
Gary
zeke392
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Post by zeke392 »

glad to see you back. I appreciate all the information and time shared on the water. No need for any more comments, can't say it any beeter than all the posts above. Good Luck
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by fishinbug »

The "self-centered individuals" seem to be very quiet now. I have certainly appreciated your reports. I have the time to fish now but the old bones don't get along with kayaks any longer. I miss being out there. Your reports take some of the sting out of the reality.
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber
capncrunch
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by capncrunch »

SRAces wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:31 pm Fishing Yates Creek with Ed and Buddy this Saturday.
Bring weedless lures. The floating grass was THICK two weekends ago.
BloodyChamp
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by BloodyChamp »

capncrunch wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:05 pm Facebook is worse. Stick with the Forum.
If you only knew (you probably do but if you don't...ugh lol).