2018 Monthly Cookout

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

zeke392
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

2018 Monthly Cookout

Post by zeke392 »

Anything planned for this year yet? It's been great meeting some of you and hanging out, and I always need an excuse to head down your way. I'd like to attend as many as I can, I need to get them on my schedule

Steve
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2018 Monthly Cookout

Post by jsuber »

I have not planned on any cookouts at this point.

Traffic on the site has declined significantly.

I have been trying to make up my mind lately as to whether I will shut it down or keep it up. Many get together on Facebook, and I am not on any social media platforms except this one.

So who knows what the future holds but I will give at least four weeks notice if I shut it down.
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by SRAces »

Jeff,

I know what you mean regarding activity and participation on fishing forums. I log into this forum about 6-7 times a day as I can access it from work. I also log into a few other fishing forums as well. The online activity seems almost nothing to what it was just a few years ago. Plenty of members, but no one really wants to discuss anything related to kayak fishing online. I see it in the other forums where people say "where did everybody go?".

It's kinda sad. :( Do what you feel is best. I'll keep posting my fishing reports each week...lol! Fishing with Steve, Gary and the rest from Atlanta tomorrow and then Tim, Ed, Buddy and Dale on Sunday. :D

Steve
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
zeke392
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Post by zeke392 »

I understand completely. Seen the same things happen with some Jeep and Offroad forums recently, but the FB groups don't compare to what the forums are / were. I wish I was here years ago but just started kayak fishing. The people I have met from this site have all been great and helpful and fun. The cookouts mean more to us from out of town, it's a good excuse to visit the forgotten coast for a couple days and to visit new friends. If you do decide to have another cookout, I vote for Hickory Mounds.

Thanks,

Steve
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jsuber »

Well maybe we can put something together this June.
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon