Taylor Counties annual kayak tourny

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Re: Taylor Counties annual kayak tourny

Post by SRAces »

Great to see all the FCKA folks fishing the tournament! They will definitely have it again next year as a CPR tournament. I was on the board for the red side for a while with my 23 incher...lol! Go figure! :lol: A lot of great trout and reds caught. Tim and I came in around 2:30 to 3pm. If we had waited longer we might not have made it in. Our launch area was draining out fast. Had to walk the last 10-15 feet in mud over my knees using the kayak to keep from sinking more. Tim helped me out the last 5 feet! He had gotten out about 30 minutes before me!

Steve
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
Fishbaitbilly
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

SRAces wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:12 am Great to see all the FCKA folks fishing the tournament! They will definitely have it again next year as a CPR tournament. I was on the board for the red side for a while with my 23 incher...lol! Go figure! :lol: A lot of great trout and reds caught. Tim and I came in around 2:30 to 3pm. If we had waited longer we might not have made it in. Our launch area was draining out fast. Had to walk the last 10-15 feet in mud over my knees using the kayak to keep from sinking more. Tim helped me out the last 5 feet! He had gotten out about 30 minutes before me!

Steve
Steve, thanks for all your wisdom and guidance for this event. I am sure the hosts and anglers appreciated all the CPR tournament details that you shared at the Captain's meeting. Those were some pretty low tides, for sure! I got scared off the water by noon and ended up losing a boot in the mud. It was still a lot of fun and I hope to see everyone again next year!
BloodyChamp
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by BloodyChamp »

Did ya’ll do mullet snatching this year?
Fishbaitbilly
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

I had a really great time at the Taylor County Kayak Tournament this past November. It was way cool to see so many of my friends there and to meet some very talented new people as well, however, I will not be able to participate in any future TC events. The reason is because they never sent my check to me in spite of repeated promises to do so. I can't compete in a tourney with no confidence that there will be a pay out. I hope everyone that enters this year has a lot of fun and catches some great fish.
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jsuber »

Sorry to hear that. I’ve never been a big fan of the “catch you later” mentality.
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jsuber »

I’m following up on a call I made Friday...tomorrow
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
Fishbaitbilly
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

Thanks, Jeff. I have a voice message from the TC Chamber to call them tomorrow.