Most Memorable Fishing Experience

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

BloodyChamp
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Re: Most Memorable Fishing Experience

Post by BloodyChamp »

I'm bored boys...ordered a barrel wrapping tool today and I'm going to make some lures on a bigger scale these next couple of months. I've made them before but it was the tedious, primitive way 1 at the time.

While doing that I was reminded of this fishing trip we took when I was a child. Our friend took us to the St Marks flats in his Gheenoe. This was before flats fishing was the phenom that it is now. There were other boats there, but this will put it into perspective - there were maybe a couple other Gheenoes and the rest were green plywood boats with good ole Mercuries lol! Also everybody was using frozen shrimp. It was absolutely dead...but there was 1 guy out there loading the boat, a fish every throw. When he wasn't catching fish he was peeing over the side of the boat, shamelessly neglecting to hide his fireman as he was drunk as $#!/ lol!!!!!! He was singing Swing Low Sweet Chariot the whole time to lol! Finally he hung something huge. Everybody watched him fight it for probably 15 minutes, wondering exactly how somebody that drunk was going get this done as much as they wondered what it was. It was a huge Redfish and for some reason out of all the boats out there the guy looked at us and said "I have plenty you guys want a Redfish"??? We gladly accepted and upon getting it from him we found out that he was using Pinfish for bait. I guess that was innovative compared to frozen shrimp back then similar how a Pilchard is to a Pinfish now. We caught 2 Sheepshead ourselves and that was it. So which 1 of you guys was that :A1 :mrgreen: :A1