Big Irish is moving on

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

Reel-Fin-Addict
Founder
Founder

Re: Big Irish is moving on

Post by Reel-Fin-Addict »

Congratulations BigIrish! :A1 Hope you stop by and visit when you're in town.
RockyG
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by RockyG »

Going to miss waving to you as I run past the Long Bar.

Actually.....I was never quite sure what your yak looked like so I may just continue to throw a friendly wave to every yak guy or gal I see there. For all I know it's you BI. :wink:
Moore Lyon and Quick
Baitor
Baitor

Post by Moore Lyon and Quick »

Hate to see you go, Ray - We only talked a few times but you were a wealth of tips and information.
capncrunch
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by capncrunch »

Maybe give sweetwater a try. I hear the bass fishing in that neck of the woods can be awesome. Anyway, good luck and don't be a stranger.
Mongo
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by Mongo »

Sure will miss those stories...

BackCast
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by BackCast »

OK, after reading these replies I think it is safe to say a vote has been taken and your request to move has been denied. You should probably inform your family that you'll be staying. :-)
salty gator
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by salty gator »

BackCast wrote:Moving? WTH? I post that I bought a lot on the Bend to build a retirement home and the next thing I know, you're moving away? (Pause while I give that some thought........OK, I'm back). Be careful in Gainesville. I've heard the devil lives there.

Seriously, it sounds like a great opportunity to be closer to your family. Best of wishes on the move and the new job. And make a point of returning to the lighthouse. I'll look forward to seeing your truck there and maybe sharing a cast, a story, or a flask of good Irish whiskey.
The devil doesn't live there anymore, he quit his job cause it was too hard and moved to coach at some school in Ohio.
Seriously BI, hope it works out for you. There are some good beaches not far on the east coast( crescent) and the cedar key area is wonderful. That's where I caught my first red and he addiction began. If I can help point you in the right direction, shoot me a pm. Most of our fishing was out of skiffs, but there are some good yak areas also. Good luck
You should have been here yesterday
BigIrish
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by BigIrish »

Thanks again everyone, I will miss you all, but I will be fishing here until the end of June so that should confuse a couple of ya! :lol: .
Tight lines and Fish ON!
BackCast
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by BackCast »

salty gator wrote:The devil doesn't live there anymore, he quit his job cause it was too hard and moved to coach at some school in Ohio.
Well played!
salty gator
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by salty gator »

BackCast wrote:
salty gator wrote:The devil doesn't live there anymore, he quit his job cause it was too hard and moved to coach at some school in Ohio.
Well played!
:wink:
You should have been here yesterday
fishrcutbate
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by fishrcutbate »

Good luck Ray, in 6 months you should have staked out another bar in Cedar Key and look forward to having a cold one with you there sometime.
DKWakulla
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by DKWakulla »

Congrats sir. Try to keep your lunch down around all those UF fans.
Talltails
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Talltails »

First log-in in ages to say bye to you, Big I. I've often wondered how many more fish I would have caught over the years that didn't first get intercepted on their way west by the long arm of The Mayor of Lighthouse Longbar. Over the years you have exemplified the spirit of what forums like this one were started for. I'll sure enough miss your tales and the unique manner in which you described the wonder of the Forgotten Coast. Cedar Key will be a better place with you prowling its shores. Good luck to your next adventure!
BigIrish
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by BigIrish »

Talltails wrote:First log-in in ages to say bye to you, Big I. I've often wondered how many more fish I would have caught over the years that didn't first get intercepted on their way west by the long arm of The Mayor of Lighthouse Longbar. Over the years you have exemplified the spirit of what forums like this one were started for. I'll sure enough miss your tales and the unique manner in which you described the wonder of the Forgotten Coast. Cedar Key will be a better place with you prowling its shores. Good luck to your next adventure!
:lol: Thanks Jason.
and Thank you again to everyone else.