Big Irish is moving on

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

BigIrish
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Big Irish is moving on

Post by BigIrish »

After 27 years and countless stories, The Mayor of the Long Bar has been offered and I have accepted the position as the Finance and Accounting Manager at the 8th Circuit Court in ... wait for it ... GAINESVILLE! The hell you say? That is correct , the half a dumb ass yankee is going behind enemy lines. I start on 3/2. I will be commuting on Monday mornings and Friday afternoons so don't give my parking spot at the Lighthouse away just yet.
My wife retires on May 31, so we will be moving together at the end of June, probably to Ocala, where I will drive up each morning. And what lies just west of Ocala, why Yankeetown and Cedar Key, YEAH BABY!
This puts us about an hour from the grandkids in Spring Hill and New Port Richey and just more than 3 hours from Sarasota (my mother in law) and Ft Pierce (my stepmother).
I will still post my reports and probably some from down there. Wish me luck and I hope to see you on the water! Tight Lines and FISH ON!

BI aka Ray Malloy 322-7507
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: Big Irish is moving on

Post by WannaDoDat »

Ohmygoodness!!! Huge congratulations to you on your new job and move, Ray!! Lots of changes in store for you and your family! You will always be the Mayor of Long Bar and I'm sure you'll be adding some additional titles to your name in the more southern fishing communities. Closer to the grandkids and parents is a good thing, too. :D

So happy for you!!! :A1 Fish on!!

Jean
Baja Bob
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by Baja Bob »

Congratulations on your new job. Will sure miss all those reports from the Lighthouse. Let us know how the fishing is down south.
Farewell.
ctoles86
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Post by ctoles86 »

Best of luck with you travels. Upload some pics, beautiful water down their just more populated.
cotton
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by cotton »

I recommend you keep posting like your fishing at the lighthouse. Then when you post up snook pics you can confuse all the newbies!!! Best of luck to you!!! You'll be missed!!!
A better Kayaker today, than yesterday.
Red Hobie Revolution
Green Native Slayer 12
Sand Hobie Pro Angler 14
bluecorners
Baitor
Baitor

Post by bluecorners »

From Ocala you're also less than 2 hour from New Smyrna Beach and the Canaveral National Seashore. There are a couple of easy access parking spots for yakkers there and the Lagoon fishing is great. Get tired of paddling and you can go across the road and surf cast. Get a National Park senior pass and pay once for the rest off your life at any Nat'l park--a good deal!
The good and the bad about Gainesville: Good-its a college town. Bad: its a college town.
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by fishinbug »

Congratulations, Ray. We'll miss you, but I am sure the new adventure in Hogtown will go well for you and your family. P.S. Snook are suckers for a white bucktail.
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber
BackCast
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by BackCast »

Moving? WTH? I post that I bought a lot on the Bend to build a retirement home and the next thing I know, you're moving away? (Pause while I give that some thought........OK, I'm back). Be careful in Gainesville. I've heard the devil lives there.

Seriously, it sounds like a great opportunity to be closer to your family. Best of wishes on the move and the new job. And make a point of returning to the lighthouse. I'll look forward to seeing your truck there and maybe sharing a cast, a story, or a flask of good Irish whiskey.
backwater

Post by backwater »

Congratulations on the new job! The fish at the lighthouse will be thanking your move. Maybe one day I will run into you out on the water! Best of luck. --Mike
back·wa·ter /ˈbakˌwôdər/
an isolated or peaceful place
GoodCall
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by GoodCall »

Congrats, Ray! Gonna miss seein ya out there. Don't be a stranger!
Mongo
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by Mongo »

:A3 Congratulations!!! Get to work in Nirvana and be closer to your family! But what a huge loss for us; your wit, knowledge, vivid journalism and unselfish willingness to help not only us but all of those that you encounter (like the kid you helped catch the cobia) will be sorely missed and impossible to replace! God's speed and hope to see you on the water. :A3
bigboots
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by bigboots »

Being closer to family is always a good thing.Good luck with the new job and the move.Wear your SEMINOLE gear proud in the home of the gaytors.You will be greatly missed,thanks for all the tips and advice you gave me and many others .
BigIrish
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by BigIrish »

Thanks everyone, and I am fishing the Tournament, :lol:
Shorewalker
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by Shorewalker »

Congratulations Ray. I can't however figure out any way that moves you closer to Rosemary Beach and the Snapper Fishery. I guess there are other fish in those seas. Best of luck.

Greg
Orange Wildy Ride 135
Tan Hobie Pro Angler
Green Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 15
Green/White Perception Tribe 9
kikstand454
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by kikstand454 »

Wow ray! Congrats!

There are thousands of happy fish swimming on the long bar right now , celebrating!