Wanted: Used Tandem Sit-On-Top Kayak

Moderators: LCallaghan, jsuber

saltycrab
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Wanted: Used Tandem Sit-On-Top Kayak

Post by saltycrab »

Hey guys,
I am looking forward to joing the ranks of FCKA. I currently have a flats boat, but would love to give the kayak fishing a try.

If anyone has an old/used tandem kayak that they are looking to get rid of, please let me know.
Talltails
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Talltails »

I'll check with Fishhead. I know he had one he might be willing to part with.
saltycrab
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by saltycrab »

Talltails wrote:I'll check with Fishhead. I know he had one he might be willing to part with.
Thanks!
saltycrab
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Re: welcome salty

Post by saltycrab »

fishhead wrote:I have a 14' tandem sot, made by Pelican. Give me a call at 850-322-8242 and I'll tell you about it.
PM Sent
saltycrab
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by saltycrab »

Ok guys, change of plans. I will be joining your ranks, but not until Christmas. It has been decided that I will be getting a new tandem kayak for Christmas, so now I will have to decide on a brand, thats the hard part.

So now I just need to decide on brand, and go ahead and get me a paddle and rack for my truck.

Thanks guys!
Talltails
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Talltails »

Hey Saltycrab, welcome aboard! I'm just curious why you want a tandem kayak. If you ALWAYS plan to have someone else with you in your yak, then that's cool. If it will just be occasionally and you are wanting to include someone once in a while, then I would recommend you buy a standard fishing kayak and just rent an additional kayak when you bring someone else. Those tandem yaks generally do not perform well at all with just one person operating it. It's the same principle as a tandem bycycle 8O . Just my $.02 worth. Good luck!
saltycrab
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by saltycrab »

Talltails wrote:Hey Saltycrab, welcome aboard! I'm just curious why you want a tandem kayak. If you ALWAYS plan to have someone else with you in your yak, then that's cool. If it will just be occasionally and you are wanting to include someone once in a while, then I would recommend you buy a standard fishing kayak and just rent an additional kayak when you bring someone else. Those tandem yaks generally do not perform well at all with just one person operating it. It's the same principle as a tandem bycycle 8O . Just my $.02 worth. Good luck!
I intend to bring my girlfriend along about 15-25% of the time, as she is almost always with me when I fish in my boat, but the yak will be a means for me to have some "me" time fishing with the rest of you guys.

I would really like to get a single, and maybe later just buy a cheap used one for her if she persists.

I think that is what I will do. I never really thought about renting one for her as little as she would go out.

Thanks!!
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jsuber »

Girlfriend! Dude get YOURself a kayak and rent or borrow one in the unlikely event that she still wants to go out in the 102 deg F temperature to fish with bugs and mos skeets. Of course I don't have a girlfriend so you might not want my aged advice.
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
saltycrab
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by saltycrab »

jsuber wrote:Girlfriend! Dude get YOURself a kayak and rent or borrow one in the unlikely event that she still wants to go out in the 102 deg F temperature to fish with bugs and mos skeets. Of course I don't have a girlfriend so you might not want my aged advice.
Actually, she loves to fish, but I don't think she realizes how much different the kayak fishing is going to be than the current boat fishing she is used to.

That, and alone time in my kayak fishing, I am sure can't be replaced.

Solo it is!
cygraphics
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by cygraphics »

I think solo is the way to go, but I did just see this on Craigslist.

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/boa/453156407.html
Millertime
Yak Master
Yak Master

Post by Millertime »

get the solo yak, i'm sure if you get a 2-person yak, YOU will be doing ALL of the paddling, while she's fishing. (atleast that would be my situation)