Tarpon 140 with Rudder - SOLD

Moderators: LCallaghan, jsuber

paddlefish
Sponsor
Sponsor

Tarpon 140 with Rudder - SOLD

Post by paddlefish »

This Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 is equipped with a rudder and is about a year old. New Tarpon 140s with rudders sell for $1050. I'm asking $775 for this one. The Tarpon is an outstanding platform for fishing -- the rudder assists on those windy days in the bay, and helps control your drift when you aren't paddling.

Specs: LENGTH 14' / WIDTH 28" / DEPTH 13"

Click on the images below to see a larger pic, or you can see the real thing at The Wilderness Way on the Woodville Highway, about a mile south of Cap Circle. www.thewildernessway.net

Image Image Image Image Image

Here's the description from the Wildy web site: Faster than the 120, more maneuverable than the 160, with a flat-floored cockpit that lets you stand and cast when the conditions demand it. Standard Features: TriggerLock Footbraces / Full-size bow hatch / Two six-inch day hatches in cockpit and stern / Full-size tankwell / Contour notches for milk crate and bait bucket / Tankwell bungees / Rod/paddle park bungees w/quick-release tabs / Adjustable backrest / Comfort-carry handles / Cupholder / Rudder
paddlefish
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by paddlefish »

Sold to one of our Demo day paddlers.
RonHarrison
Founder
Founder

Post by RonHarrison »

Great boat. You're going to love it, Linda. Welcome to the madness!

I thought I recognized you at the Demo Day, but couldn't remember from where. Things were so hopping that you were gone when I finally got a minute to look around for you. I'm sorry we didn't get to chat.

Let us know how the maiden voyage goes!
Ron Harrison
Crawfordville, Florida
Current Ride: 2018 Vibe Sea Ghost 130!
Previously Owned: 2010 Hobie Quest.
Previously Owner: 2006 Hobie Outback.
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jsuber »

I didn't see here therer did I?
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
RonHarrison
Founder
Founder

Post by RonHarrison »

Jeff, if I remember correctly, she was there pretty early and we had a steady stream of folks inquiring about the rigged kayaks.

I think Rick posted that they had ~117 people test kayaks that day. They based that number on the release form/sign-in sheet. I spoke with Michael at the shop, yesterday, and let him know that the number HAD to be higher. I'm afraid that at a few times the onslaught of people was so great that they slipped by without signing the release.

I had one digital pic that, while blurry, I could count 39 people standing on just the beach!

It was a hugely successful event and I hope that translates into kayak sales for TWW. As I stated before, definitely something FCKA should target for getting visibility and generating goodwill.
Ron Harrison
Crawfordville, Florida
Current Ride: 2018 Vibe Sea Ghost 130!
Previously Owned: 2010 Hobie Quest.
Previously Owner: 2006 Hobie Outback.
paddlefish
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by paddlefish »

Great! Glad it worked out for you. Thanks for coming out to demo day and enjoy the yak!