looking for used jackson or equivalent

Moderators: LCallaghan, jsuber

RyanWarden
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

looking for used jackson or equivalent

Post by RyanWarden »

Looking for a used Jackson for my wife. Looking to stay under $1200 and with a rudder is a must. Open to other kayak brands as well.
Tight Lines
ctoles86
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Re: looking for used jackson or equivalent

Post by ctoles86 »

I had a Jackson cuda 14 it was like paddling a barge, sold it. May want to look into some other options. My friend bought a kayak on austinkayak.com w/ rudder for 650.00 free freight shipping. It gets the job done, is fast and has a rudder.
RyanWarden
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Post by RyanWarden »

I love my cuda 14' it paddles just fine for me. Idk if you got a bad one or what but mine fits me perfect. But I'm trying to find something light & stable enough to stand on... Any other recommendations?
Tight Lines
GoodCall
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by GoodCall »

The Native Slayer paddles very similar to a Jackson Cuda, IMO. It's a slower yak, but very stable for standing, etc. If you're comfortable with the speed of a Cuda, you'd be comfortable with the speed of a Slayer. I like mine a lot...I had a Tarpon 140 prior to it and, it's a tradeoff, but I'll take the stability and elevated seat in the Slayer over speed of a Tarpon. They're hard to find used, but if you like the Cuda, keep your eye out for Slayers.
RyanWarden
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Post by RyanWarden »

Ok cool thanks. I've always been a fan of natives and havent heard bad reviews. Definitey keeping my eyes open
Tight Lines
ctoles86
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Post by ctoles86 »

in my opinion the cuda14 is not very stable unless the water is extremely smooth. It does have a nice rope which makes standing / lowering easy if you just want to stretch your legs. The native ultimate w/ tunnel hull is very stable and have no issues standing and casting.