A pleasant visit

Moderators: LCallaghan, jsuber

BackCast
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

A pleasant visit

Post by BackCast »

You folks all seem to like reports so I'm going to give you one. Not about anything in particular, just a report!

A couple weeks ago the white dog and I set the cruise control on South and headed your way. Our first stop was at showboat's new place on lake Iamonia where I hoped to help him out a bit on his ongoing remodeling projects. I didn't accomplish as much as I might have liked but did manage to strip out some old tile flooring, install about 1,000' of new floor, cut down doors, install thresholds and accomplish a few other odds and ends. Enough on the part about working.

While staying at his house I managed to drink coffee on the lake, wander about the woods, and meet Liam's brother, Jason, as well at Lynn down at Kevin's. You may recall that my trades staff gave me a gift certificate to Kevin's for Christmas. Well, now I'm the owner of a Shimano Crucial spinning rod. On the 2nd week my wife flew down and we picked her up at the airport. That week we kayaked he Wakalla, kayaked and fished the St. Joe Bay, golfed Seminole and SJB, logged in some beach time, fished out of Spring Creek and scratched a rock (more on that later).

The trip looked kinda like this:

morning coffee in showboat's yard...

Walking the dog on a foggy morning...

Exploring and discovering stuff...

Mandatory fish picture (showboat caught these, not me) We also caught a few reds but I don't have the pictures...

Chester serves as lookout for my wife...

The two of them exercising....

Guardian of the Bayview launch at SJB...

Guardian up close and personal....

And the stone. Last fall my daughter's Husky mix, and companion of 16 years, died. During my last trip to NC I took a rock from the river bank where her dog, Joplin, loved to hang out. On the rock used my Dremell to etch out the dog's name and part of the message we received soon after her death, "she was a good girl."...
Shorewalker
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: A pleasant visit

Post by Shorewalker »

Thanks for sharing such a nice part of yourself with us all. Makes me sad that I live here and don't take time to slow down and enjoy the ride.
Orange Wildy Ride 135
Tan Hobie Pro Angler
Green Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 15
Green/White Perception Tribe 9
shallowminded.too
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by shallowminded.too »

great report! therapy in my opinion
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by fishinbug »

I like that report. Do it some more.
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber
bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by bk »

Stellar trip and post! Thanks for sharing all of that.
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

Agree with shallowminded.too. Therapy.

You sure know how to enjoy the beauty and capture it.

Thank you.
BackCast
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by BackCast »

Thanks for the comments.
It seems that each trip is a new adventure. Makes me think of seeing the Monarch butterfly migration passing through as I crossed the bridge out of Apalachicola, or the black-tip shark that exploded from under an unsuspecting duck, leaving only feathers in the air. I wish I'd have had a camera each of those times! Actually, it makes me consider taking one of my real cameras out of mothballs instead of relying on the phone camera, but they're just so darn convenient.