Rainy afternoon questions

Moderators: LCallaghan, jsuber

BackCast
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Re: Rainy afternoon questions

Post by BackCast »

So Mongo, you're suggesting an herb garden? I like that idea. Sounds relaxing and a means of supplemental income.

Camping? Well, that would provide me with some time alone. I told my wife a couple years ago that I'd like to hike the entire Appalachian Trail. She said I'd be on my own unless I could guarantee a Marriott at the end of each day's hike. I think it has something to do with her family "camping" experiences while growing up; trailers about 10' apart in a state park, and a family that would make The Griswalds seem normal.

Something I hadn't thought about is taking a refresher and blowing the dust off my diver's C card. I've always thought people who spear fish - making a fish bleed and hauling it around it around in shark infested waters - are nuts, but at my age maybe it's time to reconsider. Even I'm not old enough for shuffleboard but I am up for pig hunting!
Mongo
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by Mongo »

BackCast wrote:Camping? Well, that would provide me with some time alone. I told my wife a couple years ago that I'd like to hike the entire Appalachian Trail.
I hiked part of the trail about 18 years ago. Great experience, still stay in contact with some I met in route (one has completed the whole trail twice now). Always wanted to do the "100 mile wilderness" but I don't think the knees would hold up any longer.
She said I'd be on my own unless I could guarantee a Marriott at the end of each day's hike
Sounds like a direct quote from my wife. (Thought I had better clarify that reference) :lol: Definitely makes you appreciate a hot shower!
Last edited by Mongo on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jsuber »

There's camping, and then there's backpacking. Both of which I am very familiar.

Jeff Suber
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon