bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

more cheaters

Post by bk »

MyFWC
10 hours ago
Law Enforcement Case of the Week; 2 separate violations in the same location
Officers John Allen, Casey Anderson and Tyler Harrison were patrolling when they noticed several people fishing under a bridge in Apalachicola Bay. One individual carried a cooler up the bank and then returned to fishing. The officers conducted a resource inspection and found the cooler held 13 redfish, which is over the bag limit, and all of which were undersized. They issued a citation and seized the fish as evidence. While patrolling in the same area once again, Officer Anderson noticed a man fishing from the shore. After conducting a resource inspection, he found an additional 13 undersized redfish and 1 undersized sea trout. Officer Anderson issued the man citations for over the bag limit and undersized redfish and a warning for the undersized sea trout. Our Franklin County crew sure was busy! Make sure you know the regulations before you go out: http://myfwc.com/fishing/

#Fish #LawEnforcement #Officers #FWC #Florida #FranklinCounty
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
kikstand454
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: more cheaters

Post by kikstand454 »

Smh.

~~Dave
gatoremt
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by gatoremt »

Very sad :-(

Sent from under my bed
Griff ~ 14.5' UN
Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit"What virtue has joined together,
death shall not separate"
Deus bonus est,
GoodCall
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by GoodCall »

My Monticello buddy Casey Anderson with the bust!!

Get 'em Casey!!
salty gator
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by salty gator »

And my Buddy Tyler, way to go fellas!!! Keep up the good work!!
You should have been here yesterday
Mongo
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by Mongo »

What's up with the "warning" for the undersized trout? Not like he was trying to meet the intent of the law. :lol: :lol:
BackCast
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by BackCast »

I wonder sometimes if the people found doing this kind of thing are doing it with criminal intent, or if they're just ignorant. Of course it doesn't make any difference to the fish, or to those of us who abide by the law in order to maintain a healthy fishery, but I'm still curious. I'd be willing to bet that you can walk down any tourist-type beach and find people surf fishing who don't have a license and don't realize they're breaking the law. I also doubt they can tell you about restrictions on size or numbers.

All that said, they were still game hogs and were breaking the law - and that's another way to say they were stealing from the law abiding sportsmen - so I'm glad to hear they were caught and are paying the price.
andystaxidermy
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by andystaxidermy »

yea franklin county stays busy lol...i remember a couple years back they caught a couple guys that had undersized redfish stuck all under rocks and all over down there....probably same area lol...it was close to 30 redfish that time, folks just dont care sometimes...and to be confident in doing it in FL with all the FWC guys patrolling is ingnorant in itself lol
work hard, fish hard
Brenda
Baitor
Baitor

Post by Brenda »

Monticello can sure enough raise some good boys! Casey is a good kid.
Shorewalker
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by Shorewalker »

I think if you were hauling the cooler to the car and then returning to fish you probably knew you weren't in the right. On the other case, maybe a bit more understanding. If they had fishing licenses, then no excuse.
Orange Wildy Ride 135
Tan Hobie Pro Angler
Green Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 15
Green/White Perception Tribe 9