Big Spring Creek - 5-26-2018

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Big Spring Creek - 5-26-2018

Post by SRAces »

Met Ed and Buddy at 5:45am at Rocky's to fish Big Spring Creek. We knew the weather window would not be a large one so we wanted to launch at first light. Nothing caught in the creek, but we pretty much headed straight out to the flats to fish over the grass beds. I hooked a nice red early on with a topwater lure. Ed ended up with a nice 22 inch trout, but unfortunately that was his only decent fish for the day. Buddy caught 2 nice reds and a trout. I ended up with 4 trout and 1 red. All the fish caught were slot size. No dinks.

The bite was really tough. Had to be related to the incoming weather. It sure looked dark to the south! :D We fished our way in starting at 1pm and didn't catch anything. It rained on us a little just getting back into the creek, but that tapered off and we were able to load up at the ramp without getting wet. Slow day and not too many pictures, but still a good day with good friends. :wink:

SCreek-1.jpg
SCreek-2.jpg
SCreek-3.jpg
SCreek-4.jpg
SCreek-5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
Edwade
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Re: Big Spring Creek - 5-26-2018

Post by Edwade »

Nice report Steve. The catching was a bit tough, but hardly anything to complain about. (Trying not to get spoiled by the great fishing we’ve been having). I’m just glad we were able to get out with this weather system. Let’s do it again next week!