Tucker Lake 11/16

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

Bogey
Baitor
Baitor

Tucker Lake 11/16

Post by Bogey »

I was able to escape the office on Friday afternoon, and decided to try a new spot that, maybe, my son and I could fish. I headed down to Tucker lake about 1:30. Getting there about 2:45, it was misting, about 50 degrees and overcast. There were intermitent strong winds out of the north, but a fairly steady light north wind. Low tide had been a couple of hours earlier, so the water was coming into the lake from Chaires Creek.

I launched at the designated kayak launch (the road in has been gravelled over and is passable for any vehicle, with just one big puddle to cross). I saw some reds pushing the grass, but never got any to strike. I found a spot where there appeared to be a hole that was holding trout around it. I caught 5 in the range of size of the two pictured, but I also caught a monster.

You can see from the pictures that I forgot my fish gripper, so I wasn't able to get a picture of the big fish because I was struggling with him and ultimately dropped him back in the water before getting my phone out to get a snap. But, I can tell you this, he took the lure very lightly - no aggressive strike at all. When I set the hook, for a second, I thought I had hit a snag. The he ran off and bent my MH 7''6" rod double. He was the length of my full arm (from shoulder to hand - I am 6' tall) and his head was entirely black. Biggest trout I have seen in a kayak. I managed to hoist him half-way into the kayak to get the lure out of his mouth, but my leader broke and he went back into the water with my Marker 54 Jerk Shrimp still in his mouth. If anyone else catches him, please message me to get my lure back!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: Tucker Lake 11/16

Post by fishinbug »

We both would have loved to see a picture of that trout.
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber
Fishbaitbilly
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

Good going, Bogey! Tucker Lake can hold some monster trout. A client of mine lost a huge one in a way similar to yours. I caught my PB trout just outside of Chaires Creek in the bay a few years back.
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jsuber »

Fishing is good now!
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III