Bass in a neighborhood lake 5/13/2015

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

tmanbuckhunter
Baitor
Baitor

Bass in a neighborhood lake 5/13/2015

Post by tmanbuckhunter »

Caught on a Texas Rigged Lizard, Zoom red watermelon min-lizard. Pardon me if I don't tell you where... as a resident I don't want anymore pressure on these ponds than necessary, but you all probably know where anyways. Reported two people last night to the FWC keeping fish in these no keep lakes/ponds but they couldn't do anything about it.

All my life I fished pretty much nothing but Saltwater on the uppercoast of Texas but have started getting into freshwater since I moved to Tallahassee. I hate to say this but I'm starting to like it more than salt... no tides to fight and sharks to worry about. :A1

bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: Bass in a neighborhood lake 5/13/2015

Post by bk »

Nice fish.
I firmly believe that freshwater fishing all my life has greatly improved my succes in salt. And vice versa. The more you fish, the more tuned in you become.

As for reporting people out there, do it!! I do it all the time. Be it in fresh or salt. Too many people feel that they are above the law.

Congrats on your catching.
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
cotton
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by cotton »

Nice report. When I first started kayaking I fished salt every weekend for several years. Then I started kayakwars and fished almost exclusively fresh. Wherever you catch fish, you'll enjoy the most. Both being equal, I would choose fresh. Its cheaper and much less clean-up.
A better Kayaker today, than yesterday.
Red Hobie Revolution
Green Native Slayer 12
Sand Hobie Pro Angler 14
tmanbuckhunter
Baitor
Baitor

Post by tmanbuckhunter »

One thing about fresh... even though I know bass fishing CAN be more technical than salt, as a noob freshwater fisherman, I can go out almost every time with a texas rigged anything, be it a YUM dinger, trick worm, lizard, salt worm, and catch at least one fish. This winter in Piney-Z I tossed crank baits a little, but every time I went out, I latched onto a fish with a cheap wahoo blue/black spinner with gold spoons... I can never say the same for salt. I'm always having to go that little extra mile to catch a fish in the salt.
bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by bk »

If you try to make your objective less about catching fish, you will catch more. That goes for fresh or salt. My advice at PZ would be to forget about worms, soft plastics, and spinner baits. Topwater and Hard baits are where it's at out there. Actually, same goes for salt in my opinion.

My "bullwinkles theory" is tried and true.
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
tmanbuckhunter
Baitor
Baitor

Post by tmanbuckhunter »

bk wrote:If you try to make your objective less about catching fish, you will catch more. That goes for fresh or salt. My advice at PZ would be to forget about worms, soft plastics, and spinner baits. Topwater and Hard baits are where it's at out there. Actually, same goes for salt in my opinion.

My "bullwinkles theory" is tried and true.
It's hard to do that when you're a fishing fool like me. :2

Another one from my neighborhood lake... thought he was pretty. I snagged a few last weekend on a crankbait but didn't take pictures. I rolled up today to find 2 members of the cane pole gang with coolers full of fish loading up and leaving my spot... the activity was slow today. I fear by fall there won't be many fish left, and mother nature will have to do what it does best. Oh well... :?