GKF Bass Hopin Tournament Results

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

GKF Bass Hopin Tournament Results

Post by SRAces »

Not sure if anyone on the FCKA side knew about this tournament. I found out about it from a friend in Jacksonville and managed to get in before the 70 slots were all taken. Live Oak Plantation is one of those private hunting/fishing locals. This was the first time the event was held. We pre-fished on Friday and the tournament was held on Saturday.

There were 4 ponds/lakes that the anglers could fish from and you were allowed to move during the tournament. Live Oak provided trucks and trailers to help shuttle folks that wanted to move. I stayed put as I didn't want to move a heavy Pro Angler that much...lol.

Managed to catch 24 bass on pre-fish day and 17 on tournament day. Finished 11th out of 70 entrants. First place got $1,400 and 2nd received $700. They had place prizes through 10th place. (Darn! Missed it by that much!!!)

It was a fun event and pretty amazing that we caught bass on both hot days in lakes with no pads or really any cover along them.

One of my 17 caught on Saturday.

Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: GKF Bass Hopin Tournament Results

Post by bk »

Wow Steve! Congratulations on that finish. 11 out of 70 is solid. Sounds like a great tournament. Would've been right up my alley. Let me know when they do another one of these.
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

Way to go, Steve!! You caught a lot of bass and put yourself right up there! :A1

That pond hopping reminds me of how the Kayak Bass Fishing Championship was run a couple of years ago in South Carolina.

Jean
SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by SRAces »

Thanks for the kind words. I'll post on the forum when they announce the next one. I found out on short notice and was the last one to get in. I will not be next year!

Still learning the salt side since I've been a bass fisherman all my life. :D Caught 24 bass on the pre-fish day and 17 bass on Saturday. Was amazed the fishing was that good even though the temps were pushing upper 90s both days! I knew I could compete on the freshwater side. :mrgreen:
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
BackCast
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by BackCast »

Congratulations. 11 of 70 is a pretty good placing and being out there fishing is even better. BTW, whoever thought of the name Pond Hop Bassin' was on the stick.