Jackson 9-12

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Jackson 9-12

Post by bk »

9-12 forecast was for non-stop rain so wannado and I knew what we had to do, and hit Jackson at first light. The weather folks got it right. It was one of those mornings that you are drenched head to toe laughing at yourself while the rain continues to soak you.

Only a light drizzle at launch, but that quickly changed.

When the rain drops get loud, I tend to size up in my top water selection. Actually, size up in sound and splash, not necessarily the physical size of the lure. I stayed with the small chug bug in black, and a clear / white yozuri 3d pop.

This pic taken whilst in the eye of the storm.

The nice part about fishing in these conditions is definitely that you typically have the lake to yourself. Especially on game days.

The fishing was a little disappointing even though I managed 12 quality bass on the two poppers, and I'm sure jean caught her usual trough o fish.

needless to say, we were shriveled lake raisins and made fairly quick work of the outing. As usual, Thanks for the invite jean.
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Re: Jackson 9-12

Post by SRAces »

Nice report and pictures! :D
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
bigboots
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by bigboots »

Another great day on the water,great pics.
Edwade
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by Edwade »

Nice job Brad and great pics! You guys did way better than us. Cotton and I made the call at 4:45 am to save it for another day!
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

This was another fun morning and a great way to start bk's birthday weekend! Glad we got out there despite the rain forecast. No lightning, just a little wet stuff to make us feel a part of the elements.
While Mr Popper King was busy making his way expertly down the bank, I tried a different lure with a little "zip, zip", a baby torpedo. A nice bass sucked it down but was enrolled in the early release program and set herself free without coming aboard for a quick snapshot. 8)

We bee lined it over to a productive spot and quickly had a double hook up of twin bass. Nice ones, both!

I was finding them in the vegetation, buzzing and hopping soft plastics while brad kept smashing them with his trusty poppers. Sometimes I just drifted alongside him to watch the topwater explosions. Heck yeah!! Well done, my friend! :D And great pictures of some of your awesome bass! Even the pics taken through the wet plastic ziplock. Surreal.

Not sure who invited whom :lol: but I'm sure glad we went!
Thanxamillion for the sweet little fishing trip in the rain. And a very happy birthday to you!

Jean
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by fishinbug »

Another fine adventure. Thanks for sharing.
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber
capncrunch
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by capncrunch »

New Moon, Major Feed and it was raining. Sounds like a plan.