Lake Jackson 6/16/18

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

Edwade
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Lake Jackson 6/16/18

Post by Edwade »

The last couple of trips to the flats have been slow, probably because all the rain and freshwater mix. So Buddy and I decided to hit Lake Jackson today at sunup. The water is still way down, and most of it is unfishable with the grasses and plants growing to the surface. We finally found some depth where there was a foot of water above the grass, and I started catching fish on top water. It was still slow, but the popper was working and I caught and released 5 nice bass to 19.5 inches (4 lbs). I also got a nice crappie on the plug. Buddy had a number of blowups on a buzzbait and frog, and I think ended up with one fish. He's pretty good with a Skitterwalk in the salt, but I'll have to teach him the art of the Pop'r.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
i
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fishbaitbilly
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Re: Lake Jackson 6/16/18

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

Good looking fish, Ed! As a kid, I used to pursue LM bass around the South relentlessly with my Dad. They are fun. Now you will have to teach Buddy the finesse moves of hopp'in and popp'in. Isn't it great the way we have it all around here!
Boudreaux

Post by Boudreaux »

Edwade, while I appreciate being your guest in your extra kayak and I also appreciate the accuracy in your posts, I do feel the need to expand on the commentary. As you reported the bite was indeed slow and it was clear that the pop r was the lure of choice. What you failed to mention was that you waited until late in the day to lend me a pop r so that I may improve my chances of catching a bass. You also failed to report that the plain white version that you offered to me was not the color of choice on this day. I don’t want to sound ungrateful but I did feel the need to set the record straight!
Edwade
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by Edwade »

Boudreaux, the additional facts which you presented are indeed informative, if somewhat unconvincing. Back to the flats in a few weeks!
SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by SRAces »

Nice report Ed!
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador