Miccosukee?

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

GoodCall
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Miccosukee?

Post by GoodCall »

Last time I went out there, I didn't see a single thing move in 5 hours. Not even a gator. Very eerie.

Water level was extremely high, suspended grass mostly gone. I hear most of the lilys are actually under water currently. The last 2 people i've talked to have gone out there and also not seen anything move whatsoever...no sounds of panfish popping stuff up in the thick pads....nothing.

Anyone been lately? Seems like kind of a dead lake right now...
bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: Miccosukee?

Post by bk »

Could be worth a trip.
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
andystaxidermy
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by andystaxidermy »

never dismiss a good fishing opportunity due to bad reports, i know some folks that might tell ya a lil white lie from time to time about a fishing hot spot :twisted:
work hard, fish hard
GoodCall
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by GoodCall »

Had a friend of a friend invite me to test out a boat before it is delivered to central Florida, so we hit Miccosukee today since it was close and easy. Never seen the water that high, only saw one small gator (3 footer), had 2 fish enticed by my frog and 2 actually short strike, but no fish to show for it. Didn't see a lot moving. I think when the lake was super low a lot of the fish were picked off in concentrated pools. May take a little while for the lake to recover.
bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by bk »

Thanks for the intel BM
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi