St Marks NWR - 02 Jan 2015

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

Moore Lyon and Quick
Baitor
Baitor

St Marks NWR - 02 Jan 2015

Post by Moore Lyon and Quick »

Took the Native Ultimate out today and fished from the wash bar to Sand Cove and didn't get a thing until the tide began to ebb and wash over Long Bar in the late afternoon. Picked up four trout 16"- 17" on a Gartside gurgler (topwater) in about an hour. They were waiting at ambush points where the current ran through low points on the bar. Topwater in January is always fun.
Ed Mashburn
Baitor
Baitor

Re: St Marks NWR - 02 Jan 2015

Post by Ed Mashburn »

Good morning, Brother- I'd like to talk to you about flyfishing Refuge waters. Give me a holler back and I'll email or call- thanks- Ed Mashburn
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

Fun stuff! Way to present the prey!

Jean
Moore Lyon and Quick
Baitor
Baitor

Post by Moore Lyon and Quick »

Ed Mashburn wrote:Good morning, Brother- I'd like to talk to you about flyfishing Refuge waters. Give me a holler back and I'll email or call- thanks- Ed Mashburn
I'm still learning the refuge - up until November I waded and only fished the wash bar by the boat ramp and a few times out at Long Bar. Clousers and clousers varients on a clear intermediate line, and light clousers on a floating line have worked best for me, with colors and sizing depending on water clarity. The Gartside gurgler is also fun and deadly when conditions are right. I normally blind cast to deeper water near points and bars but hope to try the creeks now that I have the kayak.