Hobie Pro Angler 14 cooler options

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

cotton
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Hobie Pro Angler 14 cooler options

Post by cotton »

I’ve been using the cheap insulated ice bags for years to keep fish. They have served me well. Now that I have the pro angler I have options. I started looking around and decided the RTIC 45 should fit and had 20” inside storage. Which should hold a mid 20 inch fish. So I ordered one for $140 and prayed it would fit. Once it arrived I was thrilled to see it fit and the quality. Better than a yeti.

The next part of my plan was to find a way to mount rod holders on the cooler. I found Sherpa hunting made some rod holders that did not require drilling into the cooler. Supposedly they fit RTIC & Yeti coolers. At $45 each there a little pricey, but still cheaper than Yeti single rod holders.

When the arrived I was dissapointed they didn’t quite fit. The cooler wouldn’t seal.
[Image

Since there solid metal, it was easily fixed. No idea why they use a round bend instead of square.Image

In the end. I love this setup. The overall quality of both products is very good. At $240 total it is still along way from the $399 for a yeti without rod holders.

Here’s the final product.
A better Kayaker today, than yesterday.
Red Hobie Revolution
Green Native Slayer 12
Sand Hobie Pro Angler 14
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: Hobie Pro Angler 14 cooler options

Post by WannaDoDat »

Great job, Tim! Looks perfect for you! Congrats on your new boat and all the nice goodies!
Fishbaitbilly
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Re: Hobie Pro Angler 14 cooler options

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

Looking Good, Tim! The fish will fear you more than ever now!