What do y'all use for colder weather

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

DKWakulla
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Re: What do y'all use for colder weather

Post by DKWakulla »

Those waders did the trick. I just wear them at waist level so I can get out of them if I have to. I'm not going to ever go out when it is so cold I need to wear a bunch of layers, mainly just wanted to stay dry with the lower water temps, and they worked perfectly for that. Thanks guys!
SwampYaker
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by SwampYaker »

DKWakulla wrote:Those waders did the trick. I just wear them at waist level so I can get out of them if I have to. I'm not going to ever go out when it is so cold I need to wear a bunch of layers, mainly just wanted to stay dry with the lower water temps, and they worked perfectly for that. Thanks guys!
Your welcome. If you want to get full chest waders which I like to use as Buy a cheap orange deer gut hook at walmart. If you ever find yourself in the water and they fill up you can always zip them off in a hurry with one.
redsinthehead
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by redsinthehead »

Chest high neoprene waders (for cool/dry) or dry suit (for cold and/or rain).
2015 Hobie Outback
2016 Solo Skiff
gggeorge
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by gggeorge »

I have also had good luck with chest high neo waders and fleece but I have switched to just leaving that kayak on the rack and drooling over the pictures you lucky guys down in Florida post. And really this year it really would not make any difference as everything is frozen over. Winter sucks.
Image[Image Image