Hello from a newbie

New to kayak fishing, come on in for answers.

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

Snipe Hunter
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Hello from a newbie

Post by Snipe Hunter »

Just wanted to say hello. I just joined this group and I am a newbie in every sense of the word. Not just to the group, I have never fished from or even sat in a kayak before. I was invited to join this group and register for the upcoming tournament in April. I'm sure I'll be easy to spot should you see me on the water. If you see someone that looks like they are doing this for the first time, it's me.
bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: Hello from a newbie

Post by bk »

Welcome aboard snipe.
you may wish to head down and rent a yak a few times before the tourny just to get the feel of it.
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
Fishbaitbilly
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

Welcome Snipe Hunter. I haven't been on a good snipe hunt since High School. I would very highly recommend that you sign up for the next available class that "Cast the Flats" offers. They are great people and can hook you up with whatever gear you need. If you don't already have a kayak, check out the local Kayak shops and outfitters around here. They can give you all kinds of useful advice and demo or rent you boats to try out. Whatever you do, once you get out on the water you will love it.
hammy
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by hammy »

Welcome to the addiction! I haven't used the boat much at all since I got some yaks.
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jsuber »

Sounds like someone but i just dont know........hmmm.
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

Hey, Snipe Hunter! You found the right place to have a whole lot of fun and gain lots of knowledge about fishing and kayaking.

There will be a bunch of helpful advice, gentle ribbing and, every once in a while, a little "left-handed smoke shifter" diversion tactics. :lol:

Welcome to the time of your life!! Look forward to your posts as you learn the ropes with the rest of us.

Jean
tallayakee
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by tallayakee »

welcome aboard from a fellow rookie!
Snipe Hunter
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Post by Snipe Hunter »

I appreciate the welcome. The guy that turned me on to this site and the tournament is loaning me a boat to use. I've spent plenty of time in small boats and canoes so getting comfortable in a kayak shouldn't be too bad. For a couple of years I have been contemplating getting a kayak to hunt out of and one of the guys in my office has been wanting to sell his. After giving the loaner kayak a try I might have to work out a deal with the guy at work for his.