New to the Site

New to kayak fishing, come on in for answers.

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

ShellMoundAl

New to the Site

Post by ShellMoundAl »

I have been a member of the Jax Kayak Ckub and was told that many of your members live and fish on the Gulf Side.
I fish from Steinhatchee to 10,000 Islands.
I will be going to St. George's Island for 5 days of fishing in July and taking my Kayaks as well as a Surf Rod. :?
If anyone has any info on St George's Island please give me your take on the area and what to use and where to go. :roll:
Thanks in advance for your help. :mrgreen:
BigIrish
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: New to the Site

Post by BigIrish »

Reds in the Head is at SGI now, look for his reports this week and next. Most of us refer to it as SGI so look for that in the postings. On the launch link lookf for Rattle Snake cove, 12th AVE, East End, Plantation. The surf fishing begins to slow now but there are still whiting, trout and flounder and the occasional red to be had and the only time you will use shrimp.
On the Bay side in a yak, it is Fish ON! Welcome, I fished with Dave, Scott, Dreads(Keith) and some old guy with a trailer (lol) at Bald Point this spring during our Classic Tourney, we had a blast.
Read the thread at the top of most boards, "Essentials" as it does not change much and Tight Lines!
LCallaghan
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by LCallaghan »

Lets us know when the time gets closer, theres always 1 or 2 of us down there every weekend.
Image Image Image
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

Welcome and thanks for the introduction! Look forward to seeing you in our beautiful area and showing you the lay of the land and water.

Jean