Rod Holder Extensions

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

Mongo
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Rod Holder Extensions

Post by Mongo »

I have noticed that several of y'all use rod holder extenders similar to those pictured in Ray's rig. I use Scotty extenders on the forward holders and I think the holders pictured may help me grab a pole out of the rear rod holders. Are these home made (almost look like modified surf rod holders) or are they a retail product?

Shorewalker
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: Rod Holder Extensions

Post by Shorewalker »

I use the Hobie ones. Most Hobie dealers stocks then.
Orange Wildy Ride 135
Tan Hobie Pro Angler
Green Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 15
Green/White Perception Tribe 9
Mongo
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by Mongo »

Thanks! Found some on line.
BigIrish
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by BigIrish »

I have both in that picture, the closest one on the starboard rear is a Hobie, I use it for dehookers and pliers. The other 3 and the one in the crate are Yak Attack ( I think) that I found at Sports Academy (for sure), I prefer these as they do not have an internal stop so your rod slides down until the reel goes in the slot. The only drawback is you have to put a scrungi rubber hair ring around the bottom when you insert them in the molded holders to get a good fit, these are in the package, I use the scrungi after I wore out and/or lost the originals.

The Hobie has an internal stop that is way too high for most rods and lets them spin around, but it is just right for pliers and dehookers.

I also have a 2" pvc for the net, 2 1.5" PVC in the rear corners, , a 3/4 inch for the flag, a 5 inch on the inside far corner for the anchor, and a 5 inch on the outside corner for the hog trough.
Mongo
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by Mongo »

Man, you could live on that boat! thanks!
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by fishinbug »

Mongo wrote:Man, you could live on that boat! thanks!
You should see the stateroom below deck! :lol:
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber
BigIrish
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by BigIrish »

It only looks like a lot, there is one crate in the back, it holds my captains bag with about 4 flat tackle boxes, and my dry box; the 2 rods in the front go on the inside corners of the crate in the 1.5 inch pvc, the cutting board goes up behind the back of the seat, the fish bag goes under the seat, when I am moving. I wear the PFD on the seat, the inside is basically empty (noodles :lol: ) except for the emergency box and cast net in the front hatch.