Lake Jackson

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Lake Jackson

Post by bk »

I sure miss the good old days of 4 years ago. Us yak fisherman practically had Jackson to ourselves due to lower water levels. No boats and plenty of fish.

Lake is a damn zoo now. Boats. Jet skis. Water skis. You name it. No available parking at Rhoden at 6:15 at night. Had to park up the street.

Fish are freaked out and over pressured. Caught some, but it ain't like it used to be.

Seriously? You gotta be kidding. Shouldn't you be offshore doing what you bought that boat for?

"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: Lake Jackson

Post by WannaDoDat »

Looks like you found a pool of tranquility in the sea of mayhem.
Love those close-ups. :D

The higher water has sure brought on boats of every size, shape and speed. Ugh.

Jean
salty gator
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by salty gator »

The big offshore boat may have been checking to see if the new livewell pump was working. Maybe a pre sale wet run. We sometimes take saltwater boats to lakes to check things out without having to go to the coast. Sorry it inconvenienced you
You should have been here yesterday
bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by bk »

salty gator wrote:The big offshore boat may have been checking to see if the new livewell pump was working. Maybe a pre sale wet run. We sometimes take saltwater boats to lakes to check things out without having to go to the coast. Sorry it inconvenienced you
Nope. They were doing donuts and actually water skiing off the back of it for the good part of the 2 hours I was out there. The wake was like waves in a bathtub. Just kept bouncing off of everything and coming back around.

And sg, you don't need to apologize. It's a public lake. Just saying that I miss the good old days.
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
capncrunch
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by capncrunch »

Try fishing at night. Same lake...no pressure, boats, etc.
bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by bk »

Nice one crunch!