Fenholloway River - 4-21-2018

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Fenholloway River - 4-21-2018

Post by SRAces »

This was probably the last Fenholloway launch for a while unless the weather dictates a return trip. The forecast for Saturday was 13 mph sustained winds with higher gusts. So Hickory Mounds was ruled out. Ed and Sven decided to try the back end of Levy Bay. Tim and I went to the Fenholloway again.

The plan was to get to the creek mouths on the west side and fish those and the points along the Gulf on the way there. Tim managed to catch a very nice 25 inch red on topwater right after we got to our first point. He also landed a 24 inch trout a little while later. We fished into one of the west creeks and then used a back creek to get to the next one further west.

The plan at that point was for Tim to fish his way back to the upper creek freshwater area that he had previously fished for bass and panfish. So he departed to go back east and I headed up the new creek to explore. I ended up catching a nice 25 inch red back up in the creek. Around noon I went to find Tim. I took the open road out in the Gulf and the winds coming at you were pretty strong by that time.

Tim was having a decent time out of the wind and had caught a few panfish and catfish. While I was back there with him, I watch him land a red on a panfish rig (with a worm!). All in all it was a decent day considering the conditions. Not a lot of pictures. I ended up with 2 trout and 8 reds. Tim caught 5 panfish, 5 trout, 3 trout and 9 reds total. Hopefully this coming weekend we will be at Hickory Mounds.

Fen-421-1.png
Fen-421-2.png
Fen-421-3.png
Fen-421-4.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
GoodCall
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Re: Fenholloway River - 4-21-2018

Post by GoodCall »

Great report! Yea it's been quite breezy all month.
Fishbaitbilly
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

Still, a nice mess of fish for some pretty adverse conditions. I look forward to your report from Hickory Mound next week!
zeke392
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Post by zeke392 »

thanks for all the reports Steve, can't wait to get back in some saltwater this weekend