3H-3L-30F

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

3H-3L-30F

Post by bk »

This afternoon's short fishing trip turned out to be one that all of my future freshwater trips will be compared to.
Started off in a typical manner.
Hit the lake at a little after 2pm and fished in constant drizzle / rain until I left a little after 5. So there's the "3H". (3 hours)

Threw nothing but these 3 lures the entire time. Hence the "3L". And actually, I only switched to the Yamamoto for 5 minutes. (Caught 2 and then put the h20 back on my second rod.)

I'm not sure if it was time of day, weather conditions, moon phase, or all of the above, but the bite was insane. Almost laughable. Caught 30 very respectable bass and even left as they were still biting. I figured 30 was enough. And besides, there wasn't a single part of me that wasn't soaked to the bone. Fingers were like prunes and the bass lip rash was starting in.

Here's a small sampling.

Bottom line.....you don't know if you don't go. So go when you can.... And by all means, throw more poppers.

Tight lines to you all.
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
Yakmanjr
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Re: 3H-3L-30F

Post by Yakmanjr »

That is insane Brad. Nice work! For that amount of fishing I would've braved the weather as well.
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

Wow 8O

What an absolute gem!!! It's a good thing you needed to get home to do some honey-dos! Methinks you might have hit 50 if you had stayed another hour! :lol:
Stellar report and pictures (despite the rain!)of a stellar fishing trip. A great way to put that one in the record books for posterity!! Unreal non-stop action, popper man!
What a great way to end the weekend. You'll be reliving it all week! Your bass rash hand is a badge of honor. :D

Jean
fishinbug
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by fishinbug »

Way to go, Pop! :lol:

:mrgreen:
"It's not as easy as I make it look."
---thus sayeth the suber
Fishbaitbilly
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

Dang, Brad. That's about a week's worth of fish in 3 hours! Awesome!
I still use that same loop knot that you taught me a few years ago. It has never failed me yet. I've probably passed that knot on to others a hundred times.
BTW, those fish are much better looking than your hand!
H_luciae
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by H_luciae »

shoot- I was planning on SW in the morning and decided it was not to smart. Then thought about re-rigging for FW at the lake. Then it started to rain. Based on your report, I sure missed out! Great hunting.
bluecorners
Baitor
Baitor

Post by bluecorners »

nice!
capncrunch
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by capncrunch »

Supermoon!
bk
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by bk »

capncrunch wrote:Supermoon!
I was almost wishing I had gone to salt and wondered if the bite was like that everywhere. Redfish top water of that quantity woulda been nuts.
"i said flotation is groovy and easy. Even a jellyfish would agree to that." - jimi
fishbster
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by fishbster »

Very nice.