Cascades Lake water level

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

GoodCall
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Cascades Lake water level

Post by GoodCall »

I've never fished Cascades Lake, but I saw a guy leaving with a fine looking stringer of bass once and it looks extremely fishy. I work close by, so I drive by every day. The water level (at least up until the recent 4" deluge) had dropped several feet and the lake looked nearly empty. Anyone know what's up with it? Was this some sort of controlled drawdown, or did that happen naturally?
jholden

Re: Cascades Lake water level

Post by jholden »

Cascade naturally dries up every few years.

When those sand bottom natural FL lakes get low is the best time to fish them... Fish get real aggressive for food.
GoodCall
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by GoodCall »

and very concentrated to certain areas, I'd imagine. Thanks for the info.
Noles

Post by Noles »

Is there a public boat/kayak landing on Cascade Lake?
GoodCall
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by GoodCall »

Noles wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:19 am Is there a public boat/kayak landing on Cascade Lake?
Somewhat. There's a small pulloff area on Capital Circle SW, if you pull up a map on Google it's maybe 100-150 yards south of Classic Limo and Sedan Service. It's really narrow and there's virtually no parking except for along shoulder of CCNW. Never fished it, but I've seen people pulled off there.
Noles

Post by Noles »

Thanks. I know the city owns some land on Nora Dr or Geanie Dr, but I don't think there is access there.