Levy Bay 11/23

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

fishindawg
Baitor
Baitor

Levy Bay 11/23

Post by fishindawg »

Made it down to Levy on Friday for my version of Black Friday. High tide at about 3pm so we launched about 11. Cool but not cold and overcast. We headed up the creek right beside the boat ramp and headed to our secret (yeah right) spot. picked up a couple of short reds on New Penny and chartreuse 1/4 ounce jig heads. That was it for the reds. Caught several 18" trout for dinner and picked up a solid 22" trout that really fought like a red, pulling drag and all. Never came to the top until right beside the kayak. We tried everything including the kitchen sink but nothing. Then I finally looked to the sky for help and saw the overcast skies and decided to try the spook. Willis and I caught all of the trout on bone spooks. We also did a little exploring and finally got up the nerve to check out the SS Minnow. Still can't figure out how that big ole houseboat ended up where it did. Anyway, it was a great day. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jackson Cruise 12 - Dorado
bigboots
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Re: Levy Bay 11/23

Post by bigboots »

Thanks for the report.